Slider

Thursday, May 21, 2015

FOTD: May 21st, 2015

I tried out a couple of new products in this look, some of which I ended loving and some which I did not like at all... you win some, you lose some.


Base:
Moisturizer Too Faced Hangover Rx Replenishing Face Primer

SPF La Roche Posay Anthelios 30 Cooling Water Lotion
Corrector A combination of the yellow and green shades of the Coastal Scents Color Corrector Camo Quad to Foundation A 2:1 mixture of MAC Face and Body in C1 with CoverFx Custom Cover drops in N10 
Concealer Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer in shade .5 
Setting e.l.f. High Definition Powder in Translucent (only in the areas I concealed)

Eyes:
Brows e.l.f. brow kit in Medium (I usually use light) and the brow end of e.l.f. Essential Clear Brow and Lash Mascara.
Primer Smashbox's 24 Hour Photo Finish Shadow Primer
Shadow Maybelline Color Tattoos in Inked in Pink (outer 2/3 of lids) and Barely Branded (inner 1/3 of lids)
Liner Dark brown shade from the Coastal Scents Revealed 2 palette (upper lids) and black shade (tightlining)
Mascara bareMinerals Lash Domination Volumizing Mascara (top lashes) and Covergirl Clump Crusher in Brown (bottom lashes)

Cheeks:
Blush Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush in Thrilled

Lips:
Lipstick Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in 300- Rose Blush


I'm having a really hard time getting the colors in the second set of photos to be accurate-- Inked in Pink is a decidedly rosey-pink but it's looking kind of coral in the bottom pictures. I'll try to work out a better method of white balancing in future photos. Anyway, this whole look revolved around the use of my new Color Tattoos which I LOVE. Gorgeous colors that blend like a dream and last all day without creasing? I'm a big fan. Unfortunately, I'm not a big fan of the e.l.f. brow kit. I had been using the light version for a while but I was hoping that maybe the medium version would have a less warm brow powder. I was unfortunately let down-- I only used the powder on the inner portion of my brows where my brows are sparse (because I *ahem* pull the hairs out) and you can tell that the color is WAY too orangey there compared to the outer parts, which I just used the gel side on. Also.... the UD Naked Skin concealer is intense stuff. I'm kind of head over heels in love. Even though I was never completely UNhappy with my Tarte concealer (see previous post), I felt like I could never completely cover my dark circles with it (everyone in my family has them-- the curse of having both pale skin and sub-orbital volume deficiency-- but I also have chronic insomnia so my dark circles have been intense this past year). I think the UD concealer did quite a good job of hiding the darkness (especially if you compare these photos to my previous post)-- there's still a shadow near my tear trough, but that's a literal shadow (because of my bone structure) and not discoloration. Because the consistency of this concealer is thinner and it dries down faster, I'm almost positive you could keep layering it until it covered just about anything.

Finally, I just want to take a moment to gush about this Tarte blush (since I just spent a bit bashing that concealer....) Thrilled is not only the most gorgeous light pink, but it has fine shimmer (think glow, not sparkle) running throughout it that makes it double as a highlighter and a blush. And furthermore, it's one of the few blushes I've used that definitely stays on my face without budging all day. I spend way too much time resting my cheeks in my hands while I'm working, so for a blush to still be in good shape at the end of the day is quite a feat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs