Slider

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Victoria's Secret Semi-Annual Sale Haul


(Only by sheer coincidence are two Victoria's Secret posts appearing back to back)

I had a meeting to go to in the city today right down the block from Victoria's Secret. I decided to pop in because I had heard some good things about some of their beauty products (their illuminator/highlighter, specifically). I didn't find what I went there for, but I did not leave the store empty-handed. Whoops! Here's a peek at what I purchased.


Victoria's Secret Eau de Parfum: Seduction Dark Orchid
1.7 Fl Oz, $52

What Victoria's Secret says: "Provocative. Luxurious. The ultimate expression of sexy. Give in to Victoria’s Secret Seduction—our most exclusive fragrance collection yet. Designed to seduce the senses, Dark Orchid is a signature blend of midnight orchid, crushed plum and oud wood. Spray on to wrap skin in dark luxury."

Top notes: Crème de cassis, blood orange, crushed plum, pineapple blossom, bergamot, yuzu zest
Middle notes: Jasmine, red ginger orchid, dark red calla lilies, midnight orchid, muguet petals
Dry-down notes: Smooth warm amber, oud wood, tonka beans, amber crystals, cashmere woods, creamy musk

A very helpful employee helped me find this scent. I've never purchased any kind of fragrance from Victoria's Secret (or from any clothing store, for that matter) and I'm a little picky about scents. I'm very sensitive to florals and artificial fruity/food smells. I'd describe my fragrance preference as being "warm/spicy" and this scent really fits the bill. It's not my absolute favorite scent but it's very "me" and I enjoy it quite a lot. Plus the bottle is beautiful! I'm really excited to wear this.





Victoria's Secret Fragrance Mist: Midnight Dare
8.4 Fl Oz, $14.50
What Victoria's Secret says: "
Be bold in the vivacious blend you know and love of juicy raspberry and tempting sandalwood, back for a limited time and infused with conditioning Aloe Vera and calming chamomile. Experience the fantasy. Spray on anywhere for a sexy touch of scent."

I totally dropped the ball on this one, there was a great deal going on where you could get 3 VS Fantasies products for $25 or 5 for $30 and I meant to pick up 2 other fragrances but I was so overwhelmed by the sheer number of scents (and trying to pick ones that I liked) that I only grabbed one. I like this scent though-- it's a bit sweeter than Seduction but still a bit spicy. Victoria's Secret classifies this as a "seductive warm" scent. Works for me! Nothing makes me feel more pampered and girly than new fragrances so I was really excited to pick up both of these. And even at the regular price of $14.50, I think this is a great deal.

(Also featured in this photo are two eye shadows which will appear later)



Victoria's Secret Make It Last Prime & Set Makeup Spray
4.05 Fl Oz, ~$3
This was on sale for 75% off and unfortunately I've already misplaced my receipt but it was about $3 or $3.50. I can't find this product on the website anymore so maybe it's discontinued? Victoria's Secret says this product:
  • Ensures smear-, smudge-, and budge-proof makeup for up to 8 hours
  • Under makeup, provides a smooth and seamless application
  • Over makeup, helps hold the look in place
I'm close to running out of my e.l.f. setting spray so I'm looking forward to giving this a try! I'd like to see if it holds up to the budge-proof claims, especially since it's been really hot and humid in NYC for the past week or two! I'm glad I was able to get such a good deal on this because it should last a while.




Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Shiny Kiss Flavored Lip Gloss: Superjuicy
This is a gorgeous berry-purple gloss-- reminds me a lot of the Pantone color of the year, radiant orchid.

Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Pout Lip Stain: Forever Yours and Stay Awhile
Forever Yours is a lovely pinky red-- I want to describe it as a "candy apple" color, but a bit softer and more pink. Stay Awhile is a pretty pinky-peachy-nude color (worst description ever?).

Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Glossy Tint Lip Sheen: Boudoir Pink
This is a pinky-nude lip crayon. I'm typically much more of a bright lip kind of girl, but I'm trying to branch out a little bit and try out some more subdued lip colors.

These products were on sale for buy 2, get 2 free so the price for all four of them was $20.




Victoria's Secret Color Flash Eye Shadow: Dark Side
~$3

This product was also on sale for 75% off. The description of this product on the website is really interesting so I thought I'd share: "Flash your sexy side with VS Makeup Color Flash Eye Shadow. Lush, pure pigments layer with multidimensional sparkle to create a brilliant flash of color. Silky formula catches light for intensely luminous eyes, and a look that is high glimmer, pure glamour." Pretty intriguing, right? Dark side is a gorgeous color that's hard to categorize. In indirect light, the color is almost a blackish brown, but it has this gorgeous reddish-gold shimmer running throughout it that, in the light, completely transforms the color. I tried to catch the glitter in the photo, but I assure you that it's even more beautiful in person.



Victoria's Secret Shimmer Eye Shadow: Dusk

~$3
This definitely isn't the color I would associate with the name "Dusk", but it's beautiful nonetheless. I'd describe it as a cross between a champagne and a gold color.



I'm really excited to try out these new purchase, especially the makeup products! I'm going to play around with them tomorrow and I'll have a post up with swatches sometime this weekend. I feel like I scored some really great deals (especially with the things that were 75% off) so I'm really pleased with what I got so far. Hopefully these products live up to my expectations!


Did you visit the Victoria's Secret Semi-Annual Sale? What did you get?


(P.S. I'm in the process of re-doing this blog's theme! I started with the watermarks featured in these photos. I'm hoping to be done sometime next week.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs