Slider

Thursday, June 19, 2014

#VSSportBra: An influenster experience



I signed up with influenster a few months ago after seeing a few posts about it on instagram. For anyone unfamiliar with influenster, a little blurb from their website states that they are: "a community of trendsetters, social media masterminds, and educated consumers who live to give opnions of products and experiences." I really like trying new products (of all types) and giving my opinion on them so the website seemed like a good fit for me! One of the many things that influester does is offer VoxBoxes, which are boxes filled with complimentary products from various brands. In return for receiving a VoxBox, you review the contents of the box on various forms of social media. At some point, I'd like to make a more complete post about my experiences with influenster and VoxBoxes, but seeing as I've only been a member for a short time I'm going to wait until I have a better feel for the system. But keep checking back if you're interested in learning more!



Anyway, I very recently received my first VoxBox! That alone was exciting enough, but this was a pretty special and amazing box, too: I received the #VSSportBra VoxBox from Victoria's Secret. Prior to receiving the box I filled out a survey or two about my fitness habits. I played soccer for about 10 years and I still like to run when I can so getting fitness related products was really motivating to me. The main product featured in the #VSSportBra box was a Victoria's Secret sports bra.

I've purchased regular bras from Victoria's Secret before (they're one of the few major brands that carries my size!), but I've never thought about buying sports bras there. I may have to change that in the future, because I'm really happy with and excited about the bra I received. In addition to feeling very sturdy and well made, it's very comfortable and supportive. There is some underwire (in case that puts people off-- for me, it was a bonus as it made the bra feel more supportive). Also, the band of the bra is adjustable in the back which I thought was a really nice touch. I've worn a few adjustable sports bras in the past but I found they tended to be less supportive overall so I'm looking forward to trying this one out. Also, I love the color of the bra (although I believe other colors are available)-- it's very "me".



They also included a tape measure for measuring your bra size yourself, which is really funny because the day I received this box I was thinking about purchasing a tape measure to figure out my size for another clothing purchase! I love little coincidences like that. I really appreciate the water bottle, too, because I'm always trying to get myself to drink more water but I don't have a reusable water bottle in my new apartment. I noticed that some of the other boxes included socks instead of the water bottle, so there was some variability between boxes (which I think is fun).

I jogged around with the bra for a while to test it out. It was comfortable and most importantly, it kept everything in place. Would I ditch all my other sports bras for this one? I'm not sure. I think I'll need to try it out for a bit longer, but I do think that this bra really maximized both support and comfort in a way that some of my other sports bras don't. I think ladies with a bigger chest may really notice a difference between this bra and those from other brands. The addition of the underwire, plus the adjustable band in the back, make this bra really appealing to me and I think will probably appeal to other people who are concerned about support. I will also say that I think that the bra fits true to size, so if you've purchased bras from Victoria's Secret before, you should use your normal size to purchase this sports bra.

Overall my impression of not only influenster, but the Victoria's Secret sports bra are really positive!

Have you purchased or received a Victoria's Secret sports bra? What did you think?


*I am a #VSSportTester but all of the opinions reported here are truthful and my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs